Saturday, July 11, 2009

PS3 Problems (Re-Run)

This is a video that I did for another website a few seasons ago, detailing the visual problem that I seem to have with either my television or my Playstation 3. I also list some of the steps that I have taken to rectify the problem, and I throw myself upon the mercy of techno-geeks everywhere, for I am but a mortal man, who cannot understand what is going wrong while I'm trying to play video games.





I feel rather paranoid whenever I watch this particular video, because this actually features 2 film clips taken at two separate times, in between which I gained a small amount of weight, after deciding that a 900 calorie per day diet was a little excessive. Needless to say, I'm terrified that someone will point out that I've become a helpless fatty... *SNIFF* I suppose I should be off to go PURGE! *VOMITS INTO SINK* Ok, that MAY seem in poor taste, but in reality, I don't have an eating disorder (I hope) and I OBVIOUSLY recognize that someone who is THAT obsessed with looking thin has a mental disorder.

7 comments:

  1. Well, what I did was when my 360 controller broke I knew it was fucked and testing would be a pain. So, I just told them I've tested it, still doesnt work blah blah blah. Recieved a new one, and skipped a pointless stage in the helpline process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have just said that I DID test it, but I honestly don't like lying, especially in a sticky situation where my lie could catch up with me and kick me in the proverbial nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did the problem go away already or is it still there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still there. I haven't played any PS3 games on it, only old PS1 titles, and for some reason it doesn't happen with THOSE titles... hmm... must be something about the HD...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it is a problem with the T.V and not the PS3 itself, so even getting a replacement wouldn't do you much good. Sounds like the T.V has a problem with upscaling and projecting in HD, that it eventually starts to slow down the resolution and it drops for whatever reason so you get that weird ghost flicker effect.
    Maybe some components on the inside of the set tend to overheat?
    My buddy had a VERY SIMILAR problem to this one, but fortunately for him he had a spare HD t.v downstairs that his parents allowed for his PS3 to me on, so it was on a Toshiba instead of some crappy set.
    I really don't think it would be the HD wire fault..and since you already spent so much, but just in case:http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
    Has very VERY good prices on their HDMI, as low as 4 bucks for some wires, and I've heard nothing but good things.
    In all honesty however, your T.V is probably the culprit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tolstoy what kind of ps1 titles have you been playing. Besides final fantasay 7 what others?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I HAVEN"T been playing any PS3 games, for the very reason that I don't want to see that depressing flicker effect. I think Porcelain Interjections is right and I'll inevitably have to buy another set. Damn element.

    ReplyDelete