Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Camera Test Video

It's not common knowledge, but a lot of my viewers are aware that my old "true and blue" camera, the Canon Powershot A540 was entrusted to someone else and then stolen from them, among other things. That camera wasn't even state of the art, but it sure took excellent pictures and movies, despite some big flaws like battery life. Well I started doing research, thinking it was time to upgrade, and replace the old lost camera, and I finally came to a decision with another Powershot. This one is the SD1200 IS model and it's ugh... it's... I dunno...

It SHOULD have 4 more megapixels, however in all of the still photos I've taken there doesn't seem to be any clear superiority in comparison. The 6 megapixel photos seem to be about equal in clarity to the new one... which is quite concerning... But of course what REALLY matter here is the VIDEO capability...

I'm not sure what to think about this. The video stats are just about the same as the last camera, although I think the footage it takes is more grainy. On the upside, I've noticed that the sound quality is actually BETTER than the last one, it has less bass and more of a.... well it just sounds more realistic, I guess. Here's a test video I produced. Try not to cringe too much, because I'm not sure that I'll be returning it before the 90 days is up.


11 comments:

  1. You are such a funny guy! Love watching your videos, dude! They always make me happy. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Quality looks good to me. Remember that 1 camera you bought at Radio Shack? The one that sucked REALLY bad and you made a video with it? lol!
    I'll look foward to more rants and vids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I guess the quality is alright... yes it's CERTAINLY better than that one from radio shack... that one was ghastly....

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I don't smoke, that's just a long running joke in my family, is when you keep coughing you end by saying,

    "Cigarettes are killing me."

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the sound is better. also you have to make a Christmas video, its like a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it looks like the same quality to me Tolstoy, except that it changed your voice though and that you don't hear anything in the background anymore

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome you got a new one.
    it sounds better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey tolstoy can you do a video of your brothers transformers?

    ReplyDelete